Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 89

Weather:
Sunny and warm. Afternoon thunderstorms.

Today's Hike:
Loft Mtn. Campground to Swift Run Gap - 17.4 miles

At 8am we walked out of camp this morning and headed down to the camp store with Georgia's Girls for some real coffee and breakfast. After an hour and a half of chillin' in the morning sun we finally started heading down the trail.

This afternoon we got caught hiking in a thunderstorm for the first time. Despite having my rain jacket on, I was drenched, and my shoes were temporally converted to mini swimming pools for the next 8 miles. By the time I got to camp and took my shoes off my feet were stark white and pruned.

It should be a quiet night. We're tenting alone off the trail near Swift Run Gap. The wind is whipping but hopefully that means the storms we experienced earlier are pushing through.

No comments:

Post a Comment