Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 58

Weather:
Sunny, High 87 degrees.

Today's Hike:
Atkins, VA to Crawfish Valley - 6.3 miles

In preparation for this hike, I thought that I wouldn't shave my legs throughout the entire hike. In fact I was so sure of this that as part of my preparation for the hike, I stopped shaving back in October. So here I am six months later and my legs have turned into mini forests. If there were to be a hairy leg contest along the trail, I am fairly confident that not only would I beat out every women on the trail (and there are several that haven't shaved) I could also beat out most of the men. It's become rather ridiculous. I think I could braid it. Meanwhile, My trail friends/family have been trying to convince me to shave my legs for quite some time. By convince I mean threatening to take an epi-lady to my legs in my sleep. Needless to say I'm not too fond of the idea.

When I woke up this morning I stumbled into the bathroom to take care of my morning business. As I sat there looking down I really was rather grossed out by the hairiness that had become my legs. Ugh. So, I made my way over to the Chevron station, bought a few razors and some shaving cream. It took 45 minutes and six shaving cycles on each leg, but I did it. The mini forests are finally gone, now only farmers tanned legs appear :)

1 comment:

  1. Praise be! My daughter......a SASKQUATCH look alike has now transformed!

    ReplyDelete