Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 44

Weather:
Rain.

Today’s Hike:
Mountain Harbour B&B – 0.0 miles

The weather forecast called for thunderstorms all day today and spotty thunderstorms for the rest of the week. So, Muster and I decided to hang here for a day and head out for Damascus, VA in the morning. Unfortunately, weather people lie. It's noon and the sun is shinning. I should be hiking. I'm a little perturbed. I guess it's time to move from practicing acceptance to practicing embracement. It seems easy and logical now; the idea of completely embracing whatever weather comes my way, but yesterday was such a spirit breaker. I look forward to the summer when the weather is warmer, rain is predictable, and the chances to dry out become more frequent. In the mean time it will be practice, practice, practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment