Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day 193

Day 13
Thursday 9/10/09

Weather: sunny, no rain

Today's Hike: Northern Outdoor Center -0.0 miles

This morning we went over to the girls cabin for omelet's and coffee. By 8:30am I was crashing and felt awful. I went back to the room and laid down until 10:30am. Finally, I forced myself up so I could get packed before checkout time. I was feeling better, but certainly not a 100% better.

Grom was also feeling awful and by 11am she was on the verge of a full blown migrane. Hiking in the heat of the day over Pleasant Pond Mtn. (an 1100 ft. climb) was not even feasible. By noon, Grom was only getting worse so we got a room again for the night.

It's 37 miles between Caratunk and Monson. We had planned to hike the miles in 2.5 days. Now, we will hike the miles in 2 days in order to stay on track. Tomorrow will he tough but the hike into Monson will be easier but longer (20 miles.... maybe). Better to hike when we're feeling good then feeling awful.

Just another day in hiker paradise.


Today's Video:

No comments:

Post a Comment