Friday, August 28, 2009

Day 180

Day 180
Friday 8/28/09
Weather:
Sunny, no rain
Today's Hike:
Grafton Notch to Dunn Notch - 9.5 miles

Today was the perfect hiking day. For the first time in what feels like weeks I was pumped to hike. I was well rested, well fed, and just in an overall good mood. I felt like me again.

Our big climb for the day was Baldpate Mtn., and it was well worth the effort (rock scrambling included). As I sat at the summit with Grommet I thought aloud that this was what hiking was suppose to be; a kick your ass climb with a sweet reward for your efforts. The view was spectacular; the kind that makes you realize just how small you really are, but just how great life really is. As I stood looking down and around at the ranges around me I could see what I had accomplished behind me and what my future would hold. Still, nothing was more relaxing then enjoying the very moment I had just accomplished, looking out lush green mountain ranges nestled under clear blue skies, and feeling the fresh cool breeze against my skin. Heaven.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug



Tonight where tenting next to a waterfall, a sweet way to fall asleep.
"It's a great day to be alive, the sun still shining when I close my eyes....Why can't everyday be just as good?"

No comments:

Post a Comment