Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Day 170

Weather:
Sunny, no rain.

Today’s Hike:
Crawford Notch to Mizpah Hut - 6.4 miles

This morning I left Crawford Notch with the Packadivas and we started our hard climb up the Presidential range in the White Mountains. The skies were clear, the sun was beating down, and the views were incredible. We were also on a water shortage and somehow had to ration our 2 liters of water per person over the next six miles. Not easy. By the time we reached Mizpah most of us were out of water and utterly exhausted. We decided to cut our day short and do our first work for stay at the hut.

After a wonderful hot lasagna dinner we did our chores (I had to clean the freezer) and relaxed for the night. I spent my time in front of the hut with Grommet, stargazing for the first night in a long time. It was beautiful. After almost falling asleep on a rock outside, I made my way upstairs and turned in for the night.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment