Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 160

Weather:
Sunny, no rain.

Today’s Hike:
Campsite to Moose Mountain Shelter - 13.0 miles

We made it. We walked into Hanover, NH this at 7:30 this morning. It’s been a long two days. I’ve spent much of my time thinking about what’s important and evaluating my own self worth. On the way into Hanover I vented to Grommet about much of what was on my mind and received exactly the words of advice that I needed to hear, “You already know what you need to do, you just need to do it.” She was right. I’ve known for a while what I needed, but somehow I always talked myself out of it. I took a deep breath and headed to breakfast.

After breakfast I headed over to the local outfitter and got a new pair of hiking shoes. My Keens are KILLING my feet. This time I went with Montrail Hardrocks. We have about 500 miles to go so these should get me to Katadhin (fingers crossed).

Next stop was the local grocery store….one of the best resupplies on the trail ☺ By 11am we were headed toward our next stop of the day; Tigger’s Tree House for showers and laundry.

We were done with laundry and showers sometime late afternoon and made it back to the trail with enough daylight to make it to the shelter for the night. Two town stops and we still made our intended destination. BIG pat on the back! It was a tough 2 days, but it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment