Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 156

Weather:
Sunny, no rain

Today's Hike:
Inn at Long Trail - 0.0 miles

We spent the day in Rutland, VT doing town chores; resupplying, laundry, etc. Despite getting up and out early, the haul into and out of Rutland took more time then expected. By the time we got back to the Inn and repacked our bags it was 4:30pm. By this time Lil’ Dipper and Early Bear had made it to the Inn, and Muster went to the bar with Lil’ Dipper to have “a” Margarita. After awhile, Muster came back out and pitched the four of us an idea of splitting a room so that we could shower. It appeared to me that none of us were thrilled with the idea, but told her to look into it. About 30 minutes later Muster came back out and pulled me aside and told me that she got a room…..for $150. I about shit myself. How could she not ask anyone before she did that? My response……whatever. She was paying for and no one else should be obligated to pitch in given that no one was consulted.

She told the rest of the girls that she got a room, and we all moved our stuff in while Muster went back to the bar. We were pissed. I took a hot shower and tried to calm down. When I got out the four of us walked over to the bar for dinner. While waiting to order I overheard Muster talking to Lil’ Dipper about soul mates, declaring that its best not to spend your life with your soul mate. In fact her “soul mate” was not her life partner, rather it was someone else. WTF kind of philosophy is that – the one that you tell yourself when you’ve settled for your second best and try to tell yourself that you didn’t. What am I doing and why have I never followed my own instincts on this one? Stupid. I have some serious thinking to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment