Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 113

Weather:
Sunny. High in upper 70's.

Today's Hike:
Eagles Nest Shelter to Port Clinton, PA - 8.6 miles

It was a town today so we were up and on the trail just before 8am. However, today was not our typical town day, but rather an extra special trip due to the arrival of Rockets mom (Ms. Rocket) and sister (Kate). We reached the towns outfitter by noon. I was slightly behind after battling a yellow jacket/hornet (not sure which) that chased me into city limits. Considering I was bit on the face 3 times and Grommet on the back of the leg once or twice and the attacker survived I'd say I was on the losing end. Oh well, guess we can't win them all. I popped a benadryl and finished hiking the quarter of a mile into town. After introductions to Ms. Rocket and Kate, we all piled into the car and headed to the Microtel Inn for an amazing night off. Ms. Rocket insistently treated all of us to a nice cozy room (where we could shower AND do laundry) and also bought everyone lunch at the Cracker Barrel. I couldn't believe it :) It was an unexpected pleasure to have a night in town and begin the presence of such great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment