Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 82

Weather:
Hot! Hot! Hot!

Today's Hike:
Greasy Spring Rd. to Tye River - 15.5 miles

Muster and I saw our second bear this morning behind Seely-Woodworth Shelter at 9:45am. I actually got to see this one; I looked at it and it stared right back at me before scampering off into the woods. There weren't any mentions of bear issues in the shelters register so I guess it was just a lucky sighting for the both of us!

This afternoon was a killer. There was a 3,000 ft. descent from Priest Mtn. My knees were done! Upon walking off of the mountain I wish to never set foot on again I had a moment of bliss when Muster made me realize we had caught up with Geogia's Girls and Early Bear. Yippee!!!! So, we cut our 18.2 mile day to a 15.5 mile day to camp with them. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment