Friday, May 8, 2009

Day 68

Weather:
Scary thunderstorms.

Today's Hike:
Wapiti Shelter to Angel's Rest - 13.6 miles

I am becoming a firm believer that blisters are a result of a bad shoe/sock combination. Since the beginning of the hike, I have worn smartwool socks and Keen hiking shoes and have zero feet problems. Today I wore some synthetic, bamboo, antifungal things and by mile 11 the bottoms of all my toes were rubbed raw. Ugh!

Muster and I are camping alone about .5 miles short on Angels rest. There's a scary thunderstorm outside.......I think I might die. God help me......at least don't throw a lightening bolt on me. I write this as I lay here counting the seconds between the bright red flashes of lightening and thunder crashes. Two seconds has been the shortest span. So far, I’m dry and I will continue to hope that it stays that way.

Tomorrow morning we are making a run into Pearisburg, VA to resupply. Looking forward to a real cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment