Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Day 10

Weather:
Low-55 High-70
Partly cloudy - looked like rain most of the day

Today's Hike:
Dicks Creek Gap to Bly Gap - 9.0 miles

We accomplished our first milestone today by crossing the border from GA to NC. The new state will bring us to new heights (literally) and leave behind some of the most difficult portions of the AT.

Today was slow going but I was is good spirits. I was feeling pretty sluggish and couldn't seem to find my energy, but was happy to be back out on the trail. Cindi's foot is still healing, and I can tell that its painful for her walk on.

We're camping on the NC/GA Border tonight at a place called Bly Gap along with a retired couple, Tagless and Tag-Along, and Lefty. It's just after 6pm and I'm already getting ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment